Indivisible Eugene Newsletter
Sunday March 16th, 2017
Upcoming Indivisible Eugene Hosted/ Co-Hosted Events:
- March 17th: Ron Wyden’s Town Hall 09:45–10:45 am at 500 E. 4th St., Sutherlin, OR
- March 21st: Ongoing Resist Trump Tuesdays “Demonstration Against Disastrous Federal Budget” 12:00- 1:00 pm at US Federal District Court 405 E 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon 97401
- March 22nd: The Portents and Parallels Lecture Series 6:00–7:00 pm at Tsunami Book Store, 2585 Willamette Street, Eugene, OR 97405 In brief lectures, area academics discuss some aspect of their field of knowledge that sheds light on our current political climate.The lectures are free, with a suggested donation of $3-4 to cover overhead for use of the space.
- April 15th: Eugene Tax Justice March 1:00-3:00 pm at Alton Baker Park 632 Day Island Rd, Eugene, Oregon 97401
- Call your Members of Congress every day! We recommend 5calls.org or Countable if you want an easy guide.
- Follow our public Facebook page where you’ll find other Ally events as well. You can share your thoughts and information as well.
- Help organize INDIVISIBLE Eugene. If you want to help organize this effort, we welcome your energy! There are lots of ways to contribute. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Organizer” to let us know you’re interested. The next step will be talking with Member Support to help you figure out which team you would like to join.
What are the Indivisible Eugene Organizer’s up to?
Recruiting, Recruiting and Recruiting. The Membership Support Team is recruiting for our 9 teams. We are very busy, currently we’re hosting the Resist Trump Tuesday Rallies every other week and planning events as often as possible. We have about 60 volunteers in the Organizer group and need triple that. Why? We are all volunteers so time is limited, the need for action and coordination of efforts is always pressing, preventing burnout of the core volunteers, and building a large sense of community. If interested please send an email to email@example.com with subject “Organizer”. We meet every other Sunday but that is not required. Most of our work and communication is done on a secure website.
Website development. We are working on making our public website more valuable with event information, blog and email sign up.
Strengthening alliances. Our Ally Outreach Team is in contact with both sister Indivisible Groups as well as other ally groups. We were involved with forming a District 4 Ally Group that has 1-2 members from each ally group as a representative. We are also very excited to have merged with Indivisible Together!
Event development. Our event team has refined their process for pre-planning each event.
Organizational development. Our Social Media team and the Media Outreach team are working to form a new PR Team to help with coordination of a consistent message. Our MoC Tracking Team and newly forming Research Team are discussing their emerging roles. The Diversity Team is beginning to take root. We need active experienced volunteers to develop this crucial team further. Our goal is to be representative of our whole community!
Our Continued Mission:
As a local Eugene chapter of the national Indivisible movement we stand together to support and hold our Members of Congress accountable to resist this administration’s regressive agenda. We value inclusion and fairness, and resist negative rhetoric.We get our message to our Members of Congress through our presence at Town Hall meetings, rallies at their offices and media blitz involving targeted phone calls and postcards. We are non-violent and lawful in our actions.