Upcoming Indivisible Eugene Hosted/ Co-Hosted Events:
- Now until March 27th: Demand An Independent Investigation Closes online on March 27th at 5:00pm. Join with the other constituents across the nation who have members of congress on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to sign this letter. Our MoC is Senator Merkley.
- March 25th Senator Jeff Merkley Town Hall in Roseburg 10:30 am-12:30 pm at Umpqua Community College Gymnasium at 1140 Umpqua College Rd, Roseburg, Oregon 97470
- March 28th: Ongoing Resist Trump Tuesdays 12:00- 1:00 pm at US Federal District Court 405 E 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon 97401
- April 15th: Eugene Tax Justice March 1:00-3:00 pm at Alton Baker Park 632 Day Island Rd, Eugene, Oregon 97401 We need 6 strong volunteers for the take-down/ clean-up for this event at 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the end of the March at Alton Baker Park. Please email member support if you can commit to helping.
- April 19th: Doomsday Clock’s It is 2-1/2 Minutes to Midnight Lecture Series 6:15–7:00 pm at Tsunami Book Store, 2585 Willamette Street, Eugene, OR 97405 In brief lectures, area academics discuss some aspect of their field of knowledge that sheds light on our current political climate.The lectures are free, with a suggested donation of $3-4 to cover overhead for use of the space. This lecture is by: Gina Herrmann, Associate Professor of Spanish at the University of Oregon. The lecture title: “Models of fascism and anti-fascist resistance from World War II”
Actions You Can Take:
- On April 15th at the Eugene Tax Justice March we need 6 strong volunteers for the take-down/ clean-up from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm at Alton Baker Park. Please use the email link below to Member Support if you can commit to helping.
Slogan ideas for our rally banner. Something catchy (and relevant to INDIVISIBLE Guide) to go under the INDIVISIBLE Eugene name on our banner. Something we could chant perhaps with a bit of rhythm. Please email Debbi with entry ideas. Deadline is March 31st for entries.
Call your Members of Congress every day! We recommend 5calls.org or Countable if you want an easy guide.
Follow our public Facebook page where you’ll find other ally events as well. We encourage you to share your thoughts and information as well.
Help organize INDIVISIBLE Eugene. If you want to help organize this effort, we welcome your energy! There are lots of ways to contribute. Send an email to Member Support to let us know you’re interested. The next step will be talking with Member Support to help you figure out which team you would like to join.
What are the Indivisible Eugene Organizer’s up to?
- The Membership Support Team and the Diversity Team have merged at the request of the Diversity Team. Our main focus is engagement of members and recruitment for our 7 teams. If interested please send an email to Member Support . We meet every other Sunday but that is not required. Most of our work and communication is done on a secure website.
- Our webmaster has made several improvements to our public website! You can now access our upcoming events as well as past event recaps, a calendar of activities, and the most current newsletter. We have also added a newsletter sign-up so please spread the word.
- The Event Team and Ally Outreach Team have been merged to increase coordination with overall event planning and ally coordination.
- The Event Team is starting the process of planning our first Indivisible Eugene General Meeting. More details to come when available. We participated in the first Doomsday Clock’s It is 2-1/2 Minutes to Midnight Lecture Series (Lecture by Lowell, Bowditch, Professor of Classics, University of Oregon Lecture title: “Ovidian Images of Censorship in the Metamorphoses”), the Ron Wyden’s Town Hall in Sutherlin and the Resist Trump Tuesday Rally”Demonstration Against Disastrous Federal Budget”.
- The Ally Outreach attended the DPLC Meeting, OR1 meeting and a CALC meeting.
Our new PR Team has met and developed the groundwork for the overall PR strategy. Lots of work ahead but it’s nice to have pieces coming together.
Finance and reporting team is working with National Indivisible and Oregon Indivisible to determine the best strategy for moving ahead.
The MoC tracking team has developed a basic strategy and added some new members!
Our Continued Mission:
As a local Eugene chapter of the national Indivisible movement we stand together to support and hold our Members of Congress accountable to resist this administration’s regressive agenda. We value inclusion and fairness, and resist negative rhetoric.We get our message to our Members of Congress through our presence at Town Hall meetings, rallies at their offices and member involvement including targeted phone calls and postcards. We are non-violent and lawful in our actions.